Project Life Mini Album: Ink Swatch Book
I worked on a fun little organizational project this weekend - an ink swatch book. I'd previously kept all of my ink colors stamped on tags on a binder ring, but my supply of inks has grown and it became a little difficult to navigate through the tags.
I had seen Jennifer McGuire's awesome ink swatch book on her blog and thought this would be a good way for me to organize my inks. However, I did not want to have to buy more page protectors for the 2x2 squares. I looked around my room and realized I had several of the Becky Higgins Project Life mini albums that were currently unused, so I chose the brightest color I had and went to work.
I used the 3x4 Becky Higgins grid cards (of which I have a few hundred) and an adorable banner stamp from the Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration Banner Blast stamp set. (No longer available but click the link to view it).
I stamped each color on a grid card, and organized them by color family.
For the 4x6 slots in the pages, I just attached the grid cards to a small piece of transparency, leaving a little gap so that it looked like they were separated. This keeps them from flopping around in the page. If I knew how to sew well, I would have just sewn a straight line through the page so that I had 6 separate slots, but I can't sew for anything. It's hard to see but there's a sheet of transparency sandwiched between a total of four grid cards (2 each side) below:
I love that I can clearly see the differences between each ink. And there was plenty of room on the card to write the brand, name, and type of ink each one was.
I filled up (minus a few spots I left blank) half the album, so I do have plenty of room to grow. However after seeing how many inks I really have...I'm not sure I'll be buying too many more anytime soon. I'm just very happy I was able to get my inks organized without spending any more money on the album/pages/cards.
Oh, and that little card on the cover was my tester card. I thought it looked cool with all the different inks so I just added some Project Life alpha stickers on top and slipped it into the spot.