I didn't really make specific resolutions in 2013, but tried to focus on "less." I think, overall, it was a success.
- I weigh less than I did at the end of 2012. (I'm now 5 pounds from my goal weight).
- I decluttered a ton this year. The craft items I bought this year were more focused - I didn't go to the flea market every week as I did the year prior and pick up anything and everything I could possibly make something out of.
- I found myself far less stressed throughout the year than the year prior, especially around the holidays. Not that I wasn't a little overwhelmed by all that needs to be done to prepare for Christmas, but I handled it much better. (I've even had my last scheduled therapy session).
- I didn't do so well on the "connectivity" part of less. I actually think I was online even more, with Instagram and Facebook. That's something I probably still need to work on, but I'm not really feeling like being connected all the time bothers me as much as it did last year.
For 2014, I think I'd like to try making some specific goals.
- Get to my goal weight.
- Craft for enjoyment, not for necessity. Over the past 6 months or so I found myself not fully enjoying the Project Life process and not making cards just for fun, not doing the projects I really wanted to work on because of things that I "should" be working on. This year, I'm hoping that starting with Digital Project Life, without a set time frame for each layout, is going to bring back the enjoyment I had at the start of last year when documenting our lives. I'm going to work on projects that I am excited for, and if I don't want to do something at that moment (::cough::December Daily::cough::) I won't.
- Movie nights with Austin, at least twice a month.
- Get and stay organized. This one's kind of always a resolution. :) I never feel organized enough!
What are your 2014 resolutions or goals? Or, what's your One Little Word for 2014?