UPDATE: A reader alerted me to an issue with fotoflexer.com when you load layers. Unless this gets fixed, this tutorial won't work properly. I have posted a new tutorial for using PNG overlays with free software here.
I have a few friends who don't have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (or another photo editing program that allows transparent overlays), so I found a FREE, online way for you all to use my overlays.
You'll be using an amazing free photo editing website (no account required) called FotoFlexer. This is really easy to do!
1) Go to FotoFlexer.com, and click on Upload Photo. Pick the photo that you want to add the overlay to. (Not the overlay, that will be next).
2) Click on the layers tab.
3) Click on Add Images.
4) You'll choose your overlay file. The one I chose was my LOVE this freebie. This is what it will look like at first.
6) Now click on the decorate tab, and Fill.
7) Change the color to white (or whatever color you prefer).
10) Go back to the layers tab, and click on opacity.