Recent Projects: Top Note Recipe Book and Butterfly Tags

A couple of recent projects to show you.

The first is a recipe book I made using my new Top Note die from Stampin' Up. I punched the chipboard, the cover paper, and the pages using the die. I then went over the perforation on the pages with fine point markers in two colors that coordinated with the cover paper. I sanded the edges with my Dremel tool, punched the hole with my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite, and used a binder ring to hook everything together. The book comes with 16 recipe cards* - 4 each of appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, and desserts, with different images stamped on them. The stamp set was a clear stamp set that I got on clearance at Michaels. (Here's a trick to make clear stamps stamp better images - rub a white eraser over the stamps before you use them the first time. Use a wet paper towel to wipe away any residue from the eraser. It works, the ink sticks to the stamps really well!).

*While I was making the book, I decided that I should also carry the extra recipe cards in my shop, so I took photos prior to punching so that I could make listings for the cards only. I made a card with all the colors available so that people could choose custom colors!

I am hoping to make another 3-4 of these and then put all the listings up at once. It doesn't make sense to put the extra cards up if there aren't any recipe books to buy!


And then I also made some butterfly tags for SarahBeth (excuse the crappy photo):


Based off of these:

Fun new stuff, to soon be in my Etsy shop!

2 comments:

  1. I just love the way it looks all together! Super cute, and sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying over the butterflies! I can't wait to see them in person, hopefully getting a canvas tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete