On Having a Baby

This took me several days to write. I needed to go back through some old entries on my blog and on my LiveJournal so that I could write a proper recap.

When I was pregnant, a friend sent me a link to a blog from a woman who felt about pregnancy like I did. That it sucked. And it really helped me, mentally, to read something by someone else who hated being pregnant. There was also a great book, Pregnancy Sucks, that I thoroughly enjoyed. I thought it would be a good thing for anyone googling, and also for myself, for posterity, to write a post that documented trying to conceive through the first month with my son. There's even some pictures, which most of you have seen before.

So, many of you have read a bunch of this before, especially if you've been following my two blogs since before I was pregnant, so feel free to skip this post. I've plopped it under a cut, because it's quite long (really, really long. It's kinda like a short story). To keep reading, click on the read more link below. Oh, and this also includes an updated version of the birth story. A little more detailed, a little less blunt ;) For anyone who makes it through this entire post, props to you.

On Trying to Conceive

I went off birth control back in December of 2009. Brad and I had planned on having at least one child together (he's already got a teenage daughter from his previous marriage), and the idea was to get pregnant sometime around our first anniversary. (We were married in April of 2009). I don't know why I got so disappointed the very first month after we started trying and I got my period. But I did. And month after month went by and I didn't get pregnant. We had a little trouble, mostly because of the pressure of “oh my god, we have to make a baby.” Around May we decided that we still had plenty of time, so we decided to try and enjoy the process, rather than making it something on our to do list. Low and behold, that worked. The next month, we conceived.

So my advice to anyone trying to get pregnant, in the early stages (not once you may have found out you have fertility issues, of course), is to relax, and make it fun. Try something new together and don't focus on the task, but enjoy yourself. Not that this is new advice. I heard it while I was trying too. I just didn't take it for several months.

The day I found out I was pregnant, I will never forget. I'd been texting SarahBeth, who was actually in the hospital in labor with her baby girl, about how I thought I was roughly 2 days late for my period. My periods since going off birth control were not regular, so I had to add the last 6 periods up on a post it note and figure out the average length. She urged me to take a test. I didn't want to be disappointed, but I had this nagging feeling that I should take the test and at least know for sure I wasn't pregnant. I certainly felt like I was getting my period. I was bloated, and had some lower back pain like I always did.

I bought a test at lunchtime and held my pee all day, LOL. When Brad was on his way home and I just couldn't hold it anymore, I peed into a cup, and waited until he got home to dip the stick in. Then I left the room and waited the proper few minutes. I made Brad go check it, all the while telling him, it's going to be negative, so don't be disappointed. He asked me what he was looking for, and I told him, two lines. And he said to me “like that?” I couldn't believe it. I shrieked “OH MY GOD!” and I hugged him. I honestly couldn't believe I was actually, finally, pregnant. We went out to Chili's to celebrate. I called my mom, and I sent SarahBeth a picture of the positive test, because I felt kind of a special connection to her that day. She was having her baby, and I was just starting the road to having mine.

On Pregnancy

In short, I hated every minute of being pregnant. Feeling the baby move inside of me, and having ultrasounds, were the only highlights of being pregnant. I did enjoy my baby shower, and I originally liked buying some maternity clothes. But 99% of it, I hated.

The week after I found out I was pregnant, the nausea started. It was no “morning” sickness, but rather, it lasted all day. I was absolutely miserable for about four days, two of which I had to call out of work sick (which led to me telling my boss much sooner than I'd anticipated). I ended up calling my OB practice and they wrote me a prescription for Zofran. I needed something, the constant nausea was interfering with work. I'd tried ginger everything, and that only made the nausea worse.

Even with the Zofran, the first trimester I was horribly sick. Not a lot of vomiting, but terrible nausea. I carried around a large bucket everywhere I went incase I had to throw up. I remember several occasions where I'd come home and just break down and sob and sob on Brad's shoulder. At that point I told him if I'd have known I'd be that miserable, I would have just adopted. I had to cancel a trip Brad and I were supposed to take to celebrate ten years together. I couldn't attend a bachelorette party for my friend Debbi. I would go to bed by 9pm and get up at 6am, when previously I'd be up until midnight and sleep until 8am. Everything felt different. My sense of smell was ridiculously heightened. Once, I caught a wiff of the garbage and vomited in the sink. I couldn't stand to even look at meat, let alone smell it or eat it. Of course, it was during this time Brad decided to grill porkchops covered in various spices every single night. I'd have to hide in the bedroom and have him Febreze the house after he was done eating. So what did I eat? Crackers, LOTS of water, Carnation breakfast shakes, yogurt, bagels, and fruit, was about all I could stomach.

I had to start planning to have food and water with me constantly. I'd have to go to bed at night with a cooler, and before even getting out of bed in the morning, I'd start drinking water and the Carnation shakes. I couldn't ride in the car, I had to drive everywhere we went, or I'd get really sick. (I always had motion sickness, it was just intensified while pregnant).

I was also insanely afraid of having a miscarriage. I even bought a heartbeat monitor from Amazon so I could listen to the baby's heartbeat at home. (Of course, I barely used it!). I wouldn't have a drop of caffeine the first trimester. I wouldn't do anything that I thought might increase the chances of a miscarriage.

I started showing really early. Around 9 weeks it was mostly bloating, but by 13 weeks I had a noticeable bump. I had to buy maternity pants around 11 weeks along. (And oh my goodness, were they comfortable!).

My nausea was greatly reduced by the end of the first trimester, but that was just in time for me to experience horrific acid reflux. Enough that I started throwing up day and night. Night was the worst. I'd go to bed, and wake up a couple of hours later, running to the bathroom to immediately throw up. The acid burned my throat. I had this for about two weeks, and then I started Zantac 150 twice a day, which helped the reflux issue. I still had awful heartburn throughout the rest of my pregnancy, but at least I wasn't throwing up.

The second trimester was actually not as bad. I still hated being pregnant. I hated having to plan when I needed to eat. I hated having heartburn all the time. I hated constantly having to pee. It all just depressed the hell out of me.

During week 17, we had an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. Brad and I both really were hoping for a girl, but I insisted on having a boy name so that if it were a boy, I could name him and help me bond to him. We decided on Austin James for a boy, or Tuesday Nicole for a girl. Low and behold, it was a boy. I had about a day of being really disappointed, sad that I would be losing the cute girl dresses and things like shopping for a prom dress and wedding dress. But that weekend we went shopping to pick out the baby furniture and bedding, and I started to warm up to having a boy. (And now, I LOVE that I have a baby boy. I couldn't imagine having a girl).

At my 20 week appointment, I was diagnosed with a low placenta, and an extra ultrasound was ordered for 24 weeks. I became really nervous about this, because I read that if the placenta doesn't move out of the way, I could end up with a c-section. However, by week 24 everything looked great, and my placenta had been pulled up and out of the way.

Week 21, we went to Las Vegas. Vegas, as most of you know, is my second home. It's where I hope to live someday. It's where we were married and I just come alive when I'm there. Except, apparently, when I'm pregnant. I was so tired, I couldn't enjoy myself. We'd go out for an hour, and I'd need to rest. I'd end up in bed by 8 (unheard of for me) and Brad would go down and gamble by himself for a few hours. It just wasn't the same, and it made me sad. Also, on the flight out, we were delayed and had to change our flight plans. This put me at the back of the plane, and I almost threw up from the turbulence. I ended up requesting to pre-board for the second flight so that I could sit near the front.

Week 28, my breasts started leaking colostrum, we celebrated Christmas, and we went to Disney (after the first, HUGE, snowstorm of the season cancelled our original flight). I was worried for weeks about being able to handle the trip. I knew I wouldn't be able to go on too many rides, so I planned to shop and take lots of pictures. For Christmas, I was given a new camera from my uncles, and I was excited to take some nice pictures. Unfortunately, two days into the trip, my new camera died. I was devastated. I cried and cried in the hotel lobby, even going to the bathroom to throw up because I was so upset. The rest of the trip, I tried hard to find some enjoyment, but really wasn't able to. I did enjoy New Year's Eve at Magic Kingdom, and visiting the Harry Potter world at Universal, but not being able to go on anything but two kiddie rides at Universal was really disappointing. I'd just sit and wait for Brad and Summer all day long. It sucked. I was never so glad to return home from a vacation as I was from that trip.

I was now in the third trimester. I wasn't very sick, but still had heartburn, had to pee more than ever before, and was generally uncomfortable. Night time was really bad – I couldn't find a position to sleep in that didn't make my hips ache (we're talking excruciating, bone crushing pain). After my baby shower at 31 weeks, I had the worst few days of sciatica ever. I couldn't get up the stairs without Brad's help one night. I was having regular episodes of round ligament pain too, and I remember how happy I was that during my childbirth class they showed a diagram of this so Brad could see what was causing me so much pain.

By now my fears had turned from miscarriage into being afraid of having an epidural. I was terrified of that needle in my back, and I didn't hesitate to tell everyone I was going to try to go without it. I talked to my doctors about avoiding it, I took books on natural childbirth out of the library. I watched YouTube videos on natural childbirth. I tried everything to get myself into a mindset that I could give birth without an epidural.

I was counting the weeks until my due date, hoping that I'd go into labor early. Around week 38 I tried home remedies to speed things along. I tried evening primrose oil, sex, walking, taking stairs two at a time, drinking red raspberry leaf tea. Nothing was working. My due date came and went with no sign of labor. I didn't even feel my braxton hicks other than one time. The doctors would check my cervix and while I was almost fully effaced, I was barely dilated a fingertip. I started having non stress tests a few times a week, and they planned an induction for when I was 41 weeks, 2 days.

I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy. I had the roundest belly I've ever seen.
 this is me at 41 weeks

On Giving Birth (Updated Birth Story)

So, at 41 weeks, 1 day, at 4pm, I was admitted to Emerson Hospital for my induction. They inserted Cervadil, to soften my cervix. I had to lay down for two hours after they inserted it, and then I could have dinner. It's funny because when I got up to use the restroom, I was so concerned that my butt was hanging out. I was really self-conscious. The nurses checked me in, asked me a bunch of question like whether Austin would be bottle fed or breast fed, whether I had any special requests. I actually only had one, I didn't want him on my stomach until he was cleaned up. I was really nervous that I'd be looked down on for asking that but she said that a lot of people actually request that, so I felt better. I had an IV put in and that was by far the worst needle I had the whole time in the hospital. The IV hurt like hell, and it took a good five minutes before it was in and she had her blood draw and had it all taped up.

Once I started eating my dinner around 7, I was only about halfway through it when the nurses came in and made me lie down because my blood pressure was too high. They had me flopping from side to side for awhile. I finished my dinner, but afterwards they still weren't happy with my blood pressure and put me at a weird angle, half sitting up on my side, and that's when I started feeling my contractions. In my back. The baby was still posterior. I couldn't believe how badly my back was hurting, and I requested some pain medication. This was a shot in the butt or numorphan. I wasn't really thrilled about a shot in the butt, but it ended up not hurting at all, and it took away the back pain. It also made me very sleepy. I wasn't allowed to get out of bed after the shot, so I had to pee in a bed pan, and I think at this point they put one of those giant pads underneath me.

I tried sleeping but obviously had way too much running through my mind, so I asked for the Ambien that they had told me they'd give me if I wanted it to help me sleep. The Ambien did not work for me. I was super tired, but still couldn't sleep. The nurses on my first shift left and during their changeover, I started throwing up. I filled up two or three of those buckets that they put in the toilet to catch your urine. Poor Brad, holding my bucket for me, changing it out. I started crying hysterically, insisting that something was wrong. The new nurse came in, and I was immediately not a fan of her. She pretty much ignored that I was hysterical, that I'd been vomiting, and insisted I needed sleep. Well, obviously, I was trying to sleep and couldn't.

For the next four hours, I lay awake, throwing up off and on, having to get up to pee, feeling pretty miserable. Of course, the night nurse insisted I couldn't get up by myself because of the numorphan, but every time I'd page her to unhook me and go to the bathroom, she would take 10-15 minutes to come to the room, and then she'd leave me while I was peeing and not come back for another 10 minutes or so. It ended up being that Brad had to start unhooking me and helping me, so he didn't get any sleep either, which I felt very badly about at the time. I was not feeling contractions during this time at all, thanks to the numorphan.

At 4:30 am, the night nurse removed my Cervadil and gave me a cervical check. It hurt SO badly when she did this, I cried out in pain and Brad rushed to my side. It was awful. She declared I was still closed up tight, and left the room. I lay down for a bit, and then around 5 am, I suddenly felt something in my stomach that I describe as the baby punching me. It felt like a painful pop. It was followed by a super painful contraction that I felt in the back and the front. I went to pee just after this, and when I sat down, water gushed out. I looked in the pan, and it was clear fluid with a bunch of bloody chunks in it. I knew my water had broken. I wasn't sure if they needed to see the water though, to make sure there was no meconium in it, so I had Brad call the night nurse and after about 10 minutes she came in and was pretty much, oh, that's nice, and that was it. My water breaking was apparently uneventful to her. To me, it was what truly kicked off my labor.

As soon as my water broke, I started having contractions fairly regularly. I'd guess every 2-3 minutes at first but they felt like they were coming every minute, and they were about 30 seconds to 1 minute long. They would get closer together and a little shorter over the next three hours.

I tried to recall what I'd learned in my birth class and what I was told by my friend Kate about breathing and moaning, and that's what I did through each contraction. I leaned on Brad for a lot of them, and I'd breathe deeply and moan over and over “ow, ow, ow” in a light voice. The night nurse told me I wouldn't be able to have an epidural for several hours, so she offered me another shot of numorphan, which I accepted but did absolutely nothing for the pain. I told Brad I didn't know I could ever hurt this much. Every contraction was intense back pain and super sharp cramps very low in my belly/pelvic area. It was horrible. All along I didn't fear the labor pains, because I'd been through kidney stones and figured I could handle it. If I'd have known it would hurt as badly as it did, I would have been much more afraid of childbirth. Apparently I was doing really well handling the contractions, however. The nurse and Brad both told me I was doing great. I was so hot, I felt like it was 100 degrees in the room. I stripped off my johnny and labored completely naked. All the while Brad was sitting in a heavy sweatshirt over another long sleeved shirt and was still cold.

Finally, the next shift change came and I had a super nice nurse, Mandy, come and take care of me. I asked her if I could move to the rocking chair. I'm not sure why. I think because I'd seen people laboring in rocking chairs before and thought it might help the pain. She helped me move to the chair, and put the wireless monitors on me. However, she then informed me that my doctor said I could have my epidural anytime, and so I asked for it right away. She called for the anesthesiologist and moved me back to the bed. She also asked me if it was ok that it was a male anesthesiologist because I was still naked. I told her I didn't care, he'd seen it before, I was sure. And I was so hot I wasn't about to get dressed again.

They sat me up and leaned me against Brad. By then I was pretty limp and had no trouble following directions. I had a contraction right before they started, and I remember saying something about how much water was coming out with each contraction. They told me I'd feel a burning as he put the numbing medication in, but I really didn't feel much. It was more like a warm feeling, no where near the burning I'd been expecting. After that, I felt nothing, and it seemed like he was done in under five minutes. I'm not even sure I had a contraction while he was putting it in, to be honest.

Almost immediately, I felt nothing. They lay me back down and checked my cervix (3-4 cm!) and put in my catheter. I was so pleased to not feeling the cervical check. I think I told Mandy how awful the night nurse's cervical check was.

For the next two hours, I just rested and relaxed. I did throw up right after the epidural was put in, and I was shivering a bit from the IV fluids so they covered me with a warm blanket. I was on one side at first, then on the other. However, around 10am, I suddenly had 4-5 nurses and my doctor in my room. The baby's heart rate was dramatically fluctuating. They turned me, put me on my back, pushed around on my stomach, and then they lost the heartbeat on the external monitors. This scared Brad and I, because throughout the whole pregnancy, whenever the monitor was on my stomach, it picked up his heartbeat right away. When you've had his heartbeat going all night and suddenly can't hear it anymore and a team of people is panicking, you start to get really scared. They decided to put internal monitors on me. I remember hearing them explain to Brad they were going to attach monitors to Austin's head.

They gave me an oxygen mask, which I hated. I felt like I couldn't breathe with it on and kept pulling it away from my face. My doctor told me it was for the baby, so I had to keep it on, so I tried. But I still felt like I couldn't breathe. They took it off and I started throwing up as they were putting on the internal monitors. The nurse checked me and said I was 8-9 cm dilated already, which surprised me and I remember yelling “holy shit!” and then apologizing for my language. I'd gone from 3-4 to 8-9 in just two hours.

They were still losing his heartbeat, and when they had it with the internal monitors it was rising and dropping so fast that things started moving really quickly. I remember distinctly saying to my doctor that if he needed to do a c-section, I was ok with it. I just wanted the baby out alive and healthy. He told me that they were already prepping the OR, but that if I was 10 cm when we got in there I could push in there. I told him that I didn't think I could push, I was too numb from the epidural, but he insisted that I was pushing really well while I was vomiting. I then told him that if he needed me to make myself throw up so I could push I would. He laughed and told me that wouldn't be necessary.

Brad told me later that as they were putting the internal monitors in, I suddenly turned ash gray, and he got really scared that something was wrong. He said he almost asked the doctor if I was ok but I guess something he'd said before to the doctor he was kind of shushed and he felt a little like he should just be quiet and stay out of the way. I don't remember what this was, something that I guess the doctor had asked me but he tried to answer for me and the doctor wanted me to answer.

They gave Brad scrubs and told him to wait in the nursery, that they would call him in if he could be there for the c-section. There was some concern that it might be a true emergency if the baby's heartbeat wouldn't stabilize enough. I asked Mandy if she would at least be there with me if Brad couldn't be and she assured me she would be right there. They wheeled me down to the OR, and there were a few doctors who introduced themselves on my way in that I don't remember. I do remember that the anesthesiologist that was in the OR with me (who was not the same one who gave me the epidural) was REALLY nice and because I'd been throwing up and had a puke bucket with me, he bumped up my Zofran while he was increasing my epidural too. They were prepping me for the surgery, and my socks were falling off so I kept asking them to fix them. Once they finished prepping me they did. I could feel my feet so the sock thing was driving me crazy.

Brad was allowed to come in. He sat super close to my head so he didn't have to see any of the surgery, and he held my hand and rubbed my head. I asked him if they'd started and he told me that they had. I didn't feel anything. They told me I might feel pressure and tugging when they pulled him out but I didn't. I was just very relaxed, since I was so numb. Brad told me he was really, really scared, but he didn't really show it. He did say he looked up once and caught a reflection in the glass cabinets and saw blood and kind of freaked out.

Suddenly, Austin was out. He needed to be suctioned and then I heard him crying. I asked Brad if he was cute (for some reason, this was my only concern. Not was he ok, but was he cute). Brad told me he was very cute. I'd forgotten my glasses in the labor room and couldn't really see him, so they brought him close to me.

They then took a family photo, and then they took Austin to the nursery. Brad went with him while I was being stitched up. The anesthesiologist sat near my head now and talked with me while the doctor was doing his thing. I remember how nice he was. I told him I felt like someone was sitting on my chest, and he told me that was normal and would be over as soon as they were done. When they were moving me to the stretcher they rolled me over to remove my epidural, and it was the strangest feeling. I was number, and just felt like I was being suspended in the air, when in reality the nurse and doctor were holding me. I told them not to drop me.

They wheeled me back into the labor room where I called my mom and dad and Brad's brother. Brad came in with Austin and he gave him a bottle.

I started shivering uncontrollably as the meds were wearing off, and so I didn't want to hold the baby yet. I thought I would drop him. I ended up not holding him until much later that evening, maybe around 5 pm.

My mom and my dad and stepmom came to visit while we were in the labor room. I was moved to maternity at 3 pm and then Shannon and Pat came to visit. I couldn't get out of bed because I had a catheter and these things on my leg that were to stop any blood clots, so I didn't change his diaper that day. I did give him a few feedings, and then they took him to the nursery. I didn't sleep that night though, between the adrenaline and the nurses checking my vitals every hour, I just couldn't rest.


In the morning they took out my catheter and made me get up and move and go to the bathroom. I still didn't feel any pain, it wouldn't be until the next day when I'd feel burning in my incision. That scared me at first, I thought I was ripping something open, but the intense burning when getting up or getting down is normal. I was fine when I was down and fine when I was up.

I kept having blood pressure issues and had to spend a lot of time lying on my side while I was in the hospital, which was kind of ridiculous. The baby was in the nursery every night we were in the hospital, because my doctor insisted I try to sleep, so we never got a night where we had to handle the baby on our own.

Regarding pain medication, the nurses initially insisted I take Percocet, even though I knew from my kidney stone episode that Percocet made me throw up. I agreed to take just one, and pretty quickly started getting nauseated from it. I had to have Zofran because the Percocet was making me throw up. It took two days, but I finally convinced them to let me alternate Tylenol and Motrin instead of the Percocet, and I started feeling much better. I really wasn't having pain when I wasn't transitioning from sitting to standing and vice versa.

Upon discharge, I was feeling quite good, but was still having blood pressure issues. They ended up having a home nurse visit over the weekend to check my blood pressure, and I had to see the doctor on Monday. I was put on Labatelol for my blood pressure for a week. That kicked my blood pressure back to normal and I could stop taking it.

I was really an emotional wreck when I got home. Austin peed while I was changing his diaper and I started crying, afraid I couldn't take care of my son properly. I was tired and just a mess. I was afraid of SIDS. I overdid it on the third day home and the next morning at the doctor's office I burst into tears in front of the nurse and Brad. As I got some sleep, things got much better.

I bled for four weeks with the locchia (though quite light, just enough to be annoying), and then just before 5 weeks I got my period, and it was insanely heavy. I went through a pad every hour for two days, and had to go for an ultrasound to make sure there wasn't any tissue left inside. Things looked great and it turns out it was just a heavy period. I did ovulate the first month, though, which is scary because if we weren't following orders and had had sex, I could have gotten pregnant again right away.

In general though, my recovery has been really easy. Because I never pushed, I didn't have any pain or tears in my lady region. My incision only had the burning for a few days and then I felt fine. I lost 23 of the 40 pounds I gained within the first couple of weeks. It felt SO good to come home and sleep in my bed without any pregnancy pillows. I could go hours without having to pee. My heartburn went away almost the minute I gave birth. I wasn't sick to my stomach anymore. My hips didn't hurt at night. And I didn't have to bring food everywhere I went.

On Having a Son/Life with a Newborn

It's true what other moms tell you. You can't understand how much you can love this little person until he's here. It didn't hit me right away, though. I know for some moms, the minute the baby comes out they are instantly bonded. It took me a couple of days to really realize it. Sometimes I still feel like a person with a baby instead of a mom. But when he snuggles against me, or when he coos and smiles at me in the morning, it hits me.

And oh my goodness does he grow so fast. He's just over 6 weeks old now and he's already gained a few pounds and a few inches and it's crazy. I take as many pictures and videos as I can of him, so I can always remember him at this age.

In these 6 weeks, I've learned (mostly) what his cries mean. I know when he's hungry and I know when he needs his diaper changed. I know when he's over tired and I know when he just wants to cuddle. There are times though that I just don't know what to do to soothe him, and I just have to swaddle him and walk out of the room for a few minutes. But he's a good baby most of the time, and is rarely inconsolable. (Like, you know, this morning).

Having a new baby is tough though, and I think that if they just gave all 16 year olds a newborn for a week to take care of by themselves there would be no “16 and pregnant” show. It is hard to sleep, even when the baby is asleep. It's hard to get up for a feeding and fall back to sleep. You dread the middle of the night cries because it means you have to get up out of your nice warm cozy bed for at least a half hour to give him his bottle. (I'm not breastfeeding, incase that isn't clear. I think you have to wake even more often when breastfeeding). Trying to get a schedule down and get sleep yourself and get all the housework done is difficult. It's a lot of work. But it's so worth it.

This section is short because I'm still learning how to be a mom. But I thought it was necessary as a wrap up to a very long pregnancy and birth recap.

That's it. I think I got down everything I wanted to. And if you did read it all, well, I probably owe you dinner or something.


  1. I'll have Indian for my free dinner please! :-)

    That was wonderful. I know I was along for the ride, but reading it all at once like that was really great.

    I've always been in love and in awe of you as a person and as my friend. But now, as a Mom... it's a whole new part of your being and its so amazing to see. I am very glad to have Austin in my life, and always grateful to have you!

    Your story will help others that read it. To know that you shouldn't feel guilty or less of a woman or mom if you don't ENJOY pregnancy. It's traumatic on your body and it isn't all gifts and giggles!
    You knew it was going to be worth it, and it was!

  2. Anytime, pretty lady, anytime! :)

    Thanks for reading my super duper long post! :)

  3. Can I get some cheesecake and ice cream instead of dinner? :)

    I'm so proud of you for writing this down. For many women, pregnancy ISN'T the greatest thing in the world, and so many of them don't record the yucky parts. Your perspective is needed!

    I'm sorry it was so sucky. :(

    Your 'About Me' says you're a soon-to-be mom, by the way. :)

  4. Me Too!!!!
    I really do know how difficult it can be. I am so incredibly proud of you. And the end result is just amazing. My beautiful grandson Austin!!!
    I love you whole bunches!!
    mom aka Grandma Pat ;-)